|More Great Stuff on the Way|
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Posted by jaygross
As many of you who read my blog know, I have compiled a rather large list of ideas and member suggestions to make this site even better. Over the past few months, we've added quite a few new functionalities that have made many of our members very happy (including Message Board upgrades, Sigs By Mail Teams, Request Groups, Favorite Players, etc.). Thank you for all your suggestions and all the feedback (please keep emailing them to me).
Out of the 35 major categories of new things I have on our site road map, I've only implemented 10 so far. So I am very excited about the great things that should be coming up in 2008 and beyond.
SportsCollectors.Net is so much more than the cookie cutter message board sites that seem to pop up from time to time. In my eyes, what makes SCN so special is (and different than other sites I have seen):
- Providing a positive, no pressure, and easy to use collecting experience has been the first priority since day one. That priority has never changed. We respect people's privacy, and have policies in place to serve that commitment.
- We do not SPAM members
- We do not SPAM people telling them about this site
- We do not share/post members' real names or email addresses to others
- We do not hammer members with promotional email.
- 19,000+ collectors make this community the largest dedicated to sports autograph collecting. The 375,000+ successes in our database is such an amazing resource, which clearly sets us apart.
- Our community is loaded with knowledgeable and passionate collectors. The more I get to meet you guys (online or in person), I learn from all of you and I am continually blown away. I have made so many good friends over the years from this site.
- We have been around since 1998 (and open to the public since 2000). We have have a great history, and have learned what works and what doesn't.
- Each feature I have personally custom built to serve collectors (I wrote all the code myself). This makes SCN incredibly agile... when something needs an update, I can go in and change it quickly. We have made a decision to keep the content and functionality directly related to serving sports autograph collecting.
As one of the busier times of the year (Baseball Spring Training) for autograph collecting is approaching us in a few weeks, I have updated the Spring Training addresses. I'd suggest the best thing you can do to help out our community and other collectors, is to track your requests/successes on SCN.
I have seen a pleasantly surprising amount of new folks signing up over the past 2-3 months. I'd just like to welcome you all aboard, as you have chosen a very exciting time to join. January had over 400 new member signups alone.
I appreciate everyone's support and contributions, both recently and over the years. I am constantly amazed that something I have created has grown to into what we have here today, and I'm committed to just keep adding stuff to make it better.
PRINT | PERMALINK
Comments on blog posts can only be seen or left by Premium Subscribers. Subscribe now.