|Happy New Year 2023|
Sunday, January 1, 2023
Posted by jaygross
2023 is here and I want to wish the SCN community a Happy New Year.
In 2022, we have seen great growth again with over 100,000 new successes entered in our database and over 1,000 new subscribers. It's always exciting for me to see collectors enjoying our hobby and I'd like to thank you all for the contributions to our community.
Some 2022 highlights for me and my collection:
- I sent out the most requests and got more mail back in 2022 than I have in any previous year:
- We added Completed Set functionality to the site and I finished my 4th set this week.
I have been working on the 44 card 1993 Pro Line Portraits set since they came out in 1993. For about 5 years Wilber Marshall (Super Bowl champ linebacker with the Bears + Redskins) was the last card I needed. I had never seen this card signed up until this month and he is not exactly easy to find these days, so I quickly acquired when I did. This is my 4th completed signed set.
- I went to card shows this year - after years of not going.
The National Sports Collectors Convention was in my home state of NJ, so I spent a full day attending my 4th National.
For over 30 years, there has been smaller local show in North Jersey (Garfield, NJ) that runs on Sundays twice a month. I got to attend it a few times this year with my son (now 11) this fall and got to meet some long time SCN members there.
- I made some more progress with my multi-signed card collection (It is definitely getting tougher, especially on those 1980 Topps basketball tri-cards):
- I spent a bunch of time in 2022 working on making performance improvements and on the administrative functionality for the site. I am hoping to roll out some fun new features for members in the upcoming year.
- I am planning to try to trade more cards + autographs this year and write to more players
- I am really close to finishing 2 more sets and I am still on the hunt for the following signed cards:
-- 1992 Pro Line Portraits Al Davis
-- 1977 Topps/ O-Pee-Chee Glossy Inserts (Round Corners) Ken Dryden
-- 1977 Topps/ O-Pee-Chee Glossy Inserts (Round Corners) Denis Potvin
PRINT | PERMALINK
Comments on blog posts can only be seen or left by Premium Subscribers. Subscribe now.